- Create and / or work with complex financial models which support the analysis of energy or infrastructure assets or companies in those sectors. For the origination process, this will frequently require creating detailed pro-forma models with limited information.
- Lead due diligence efforts for select transactions, including the coordination of financial modeling, legal, tax, technical and insurance and manage external transaction advisors for projects under responsibility.
- Facilitate the coordination between the various internal teams and departments working on and supporting the delivery of turnkey development projects, including design, construction, finance, legal and internal approvals.
- Performing strategic and quantitative analyses, conduct due diligence and determine appropriate company and/or project valuation
- Independently executing primary and secondary research on markets, industries and companies
- Executing transactions and leading due diligence efforts for projects under responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Math or Engineering.
- Self-motivated, independent professional with excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Minimum of five years relevant experience
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Cashflow or valuation modelling experience
- Understanding of structured and project finance
- Direct experience with project finance and/or investment banking; Energy sector preferred
- Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based, financial models
- Energy market experience in one of the following sectors is preferred; utility scale renewables, distributed generation (i.e. rooftop solar, CHP etc.), energy services, retail electricity, natural gas transportation or distribution
- Commercial acumen with good understanding of accounting topics and tax structures
- Successful experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to take initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects and independently drive for results
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable with value of high performance
- The ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, prepare high quality reports and presentations, and to maintain high levels of quality with a heavy work load.
- Must be able to clearly articulate and communicate complex financial information and issues to a varied internal and external audience.
- Proven ability to effectively work on teams to support energy, infrastructure or real estate projects
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Behavioral capabilities: self-motivated, problem solving, strong personality and leadership, common sense, attention to detail, ability to learn and sense of humor
LOCATION: Flexible, US, Preferred Kansas City (Overland Park, KS), Austin, TX or New York, NY.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment. Limited keyboarding, travel, and extensive overtime.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.