Fully Remote (permanently) opportunity – candidate can be based anywhere in the US and work in any time zone. Salary is to a max of 110K base, small year end bonus and potential 5K sign on bonus.
Provide project financial management (financial planning and analysis, budgeting, financial monitoring/reporting) for a diverse portfolio of projects funded under Federal and foundation grants and contracts with a focus on providing exceptional customer service to both internal staff as well as funders.
· Serve as the primary financial business partner for the policy area resource management.
· Build relationships with policy area management staff, project teams, and all departments throughout the organization.
· Help create and maintain a department culture that emphasizes collaboration, contribution, and relationship building.
· Develop and maintain a detailed spending plan/strategy for complex, multi-funded projects, considering funder preferences and constraints. Provide input and feedback, as necessary, regarding the viability of the spending plan and levels of effort, based on prior experience.
· Prepare financial reports, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, and compliance with agreement terms.
· Interpret provisions in grant/contract documents relating to payment terms, billing, limitations on cost, and requirements for budget modifications and extensions.
· Determine the correct allocation of expenses to funding sources.
· Interact with project teams, legal, and funding agencies to resolve financial issues.
· Perform financial analysis to support financial planning and decision-making.
· Monitor spending, compliance, and potential budget modifications or extensions.
· Prepare budgets and budget modifications for submission to funders.
· Prepare materials and lead meetings for effective management of financial issues.
- Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum six years of experience in a related field
Skills and/or Experience Required:
- Ability to take ownership of and follow through on project issues until resolution is achieved.
· Experience in pre and post-award management of federal funding/federal contract budgeting, federal and foundation grants and contracts, including budgeting and financial reporting for projects with multiple funding services and compliance requirements.
—MUST have experience working with government funding proposals (budgets and budget narratives) The specific pre-award experience we are looking for is having a pricing background as well as experience pulling the cost volume/pricing packages together such as taking the pricing in excel and putting it into the format as determined by the RFP, writing/assisting with the budget narrative, as well as evaluating the RFP for budget requirements.
· Solid understanding of accounting, revenue recognition, cost allocations, audit requirements, and indirect costs.
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask.
· Advanced Excel skills required.
· Experience with automated accounting and budgeting systems and databases preferred.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
· Ability to work independently with staff at all levels across the corporation.
- Pleasant, friendly attitude, with an ability to adapt to change.
- Strong listening skills, attention to detail, and decision-making skills.
· Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills. Ability to think about a problem from multiple dimensions.
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.