The Societe Generale Group has been in Spain since 1906 offering retail banking products until 1992. Since 1992, the Group changed its focus to Corporate and Investment Banking, Asset Management and Banking Services. Today, the Group is one of the major actors on the Spanish market.
The GLFI/NAT mission statement is to develop a worldwide business franchise in the Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure sector by providing clients with financing solutions as well as providing advisory services. This department offers advising and financing solutions dedicated to infrastructure projects in the sectors of transportation, regulated assets, telecom and broadband, water and environment as well as social infrastructure and Public-Private Partnerships (PPP).
This analyst position is located in Madrid, and the team is currently composed by 4 people + 1 VIE.
Analyst at NAT NRG-INF covering advisory and arranging of energy and infrastructure deals in Iberia and Latam (infrastructure with Spanish sponsors).
The main responsibilities would be the following:
Project Finance Financial Modeling:
- Team member in charge of preparation of financial models in particular on advisory mandate;
- Review and analysis of models received from clients or advisors in the context of arranging opportunities.
- Support other team members in particular on: Preparation of presentations and pitches & Market research.
- Preparation of financial Model, performance of sensitivities analysis, support to client in preparation of bids on tender processes;
- Meeting the sponsors, advisors and the Administration when needed.
- Support to other team members on due diligence with external advisors;
- Support on preparation of credit application and other documents required to obtain credit approvals;
- Contribution in joint work with SYN on syndication of deals;
- Support other team members on arranging opportunities.
Management of Internal tools and processes:
- Calculation of RARORC and other profitability calculations and analysis;
- Day to day use of Financing Platform;
- Close relation and cooperation with other areas as OPER, CCG, ENV.
- Expected to achieve a reasonable degree of autonomy on the short term, however, on an initial stage would be strongly supervised by the Directors of the team;
- As a key member of the team, in particular on advisories and financial modeling, it is expected to have from a very early stage contact with clients and other SG areas.
Studies & experience:
- Bachelor on Engineering or Business Administration or similar;
- The position requires strong modeling skills and previous experience in Project Finance financial modeling;
- Young and enthusiastic person, with willingness to learn and grow, with 1-2 years’ experience in banking, industry on financing departments or consulting, with strong capability and experience in Project Finance financial modeling, analytical skills and attitude to face advisory rolls. In addition, specific experience in Project Finance/ PPP/ Consulting is a plus.
- Spanish proficiency (advanced or native);
- English proficiency (advanced or native);
- Portuguese would be considered a plus (since the team also covers Portugal).
Technical, operational & Soft skills:
- Technical & accounting/tax knowledge and common sense;
- Good approach to risk understanding of the projects;
- Good analytical capacity;
- Intensive dedication, flexibility, willingness to perform advisory work;
- Initiative, willingness to learn and grow will be required for the position.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita es.bebee.com.