The Project Finance Analyst at Calibrant Energy plays a pivotal role in driving the company’s mission to accelerate the energy transition. Utilizing your in-depth knowledge of project finance and financial analysis, you will focus on evaluating opportunities across a broad array of renewable energy technologies.
Operating within a dynamic and collaborative team, and reporting to the Managing Director, Strategic Origination, you will assist in the underwriting, financial analysis, and execution of transactions. You will have the opportunity to be engaged with diverse renewable energy technologies and solutions and work with a diverse team of professionals in an innovative environment.
You will be responsible for supporting project valuation, due diligence, and execution of project transactions and investment decisions for renewable energy projects. This is done by primarily owning the results from the financial model. The Project Finance Analyst will support the Origination & Business Development team on opportunity screening, project underwriting, capital raising, and other key strategic and operational initiatives as the team matures.
**While this is a hybrid role, we’re looking for someone who is conveniently located in the NYC area and can easily commute to NYC for two days each week.**
What You’ll Do:
Build, run, modify, and own the results of financial models for renewable energy projects and portfolios either developed by Calibrant or acquired from third parties.
- Model various financial structures (project finance debt, equity, PTC/ITC, grants and other incentives, depreciation benefits, lease financing, tax equity partnerships , etc.) and revenue structures (PPA, ESA, shared savings agreements, tolling agreements, etc.) across a range of renewable energy technologies and projects.
- Perform sensitivity analysis on project models for new opportunities, active underwrites, and construction/operating projects.
- Update model assumptions and maintain a detailed assumptions book
Communicate key analysis on financial model results and key drivers for project financing and investment consideration
Support in the creation of internal investment committee presentations, information memos for third-party financiers, and pitch material.
Support the credit analysis conducted on potential offtake counterparties.
Assist with transaction management including due diligence, project documentation, transaction closing, portfolio management, and other tasks as needed.
Coordinate engagement with financial institutions, investment and commercial banks, tax equity investors, and other capital providers.
Maintain transaction data rooms, participate in due diligence processes
Assist in building tools processes, and infrastructure that supports the organization’s accuracy, efficiency, and scalability.
- You have 1-3 years experience in investment banking, consulting or project finance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in the Renewable Energy sector will be preferred
- You have strong financial modelling expertise
- You’d rate your Excel skills at 7 or above
- Understanding of valuation concepts, including IRR, NPV, after-tax returns, pre-tax returns
What We Think Drives Success:
- You are adept at Excel and investment analysis, and have a strong grasp of financial metrics (e.g., NPV, IRR).
- You demonstrate an understanding of renewable energy technology systems, their applications, and the benefits they bring to provide benefits to customers
- You are adaptable and open to learning new concepts and skills. With the ever-evolving green energy landscape embracing new ideas ensures you stay at the forefront of the field.
- You collaborate actively with team members, sharing insights, and leveraging everyone’s expertise to foster a friendly and supportive work environment.
If you want to make a significant impact on the renewable energy industry, we want to talk to you!
This role has a salary range of $125,000 to $150,000 plus bonus opportunity.
Calibrant Energy is a cutting-edge company in the renewables and environment industry, aiming to provide solutions that accelerate the energy transition. Founded in 2020 by Siemens and Macquarie’s Green Investment Group, two of the most innovative companies in energy technology and the energy sector, Calibrant Energy brings deep industry experience and quality leadership in the energy transition to deliver value to its customers.
What we’ll bring:
We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically.
At Calibrant Energy, our priority is to ensure that every team member feels valued and supported. We believe putting wellness first supports a full, holistic, and happier life. We support that by offering benefits that cover you and your family such as: medical, dental, vision insurances, generous PTO, and 401k with a company match, and more.
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita apply.workable.com.