Analyst / Associate – Energy Resources & Infrastructure Transaction Team (Project Finance)
Willing to be at the heart of the energy transition and push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
The Energy, Resources & Infrastructure (ERI / Project Finance) team is comprised of c. 130 professionals and has a leading position as adviser and arranger of limited-recourse financing solutions in the following sectors across the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region:
- Power and Renewables
- Metals & Mining
- Oil & Gas Project Finance / ERI is part of Capital Markets EMEA within CIB. The team advises clients with respect to their debt financing needs, arranges and structures debt financing, cross sells other products of the bank (including hedging and cash management solutions), acts as coverage for certain clients and monitors its exposure to transactions on its book. The team is located in Paris, Brussels, London, Milan and Madrid. Within Project Finance / ERI, the Transaction team is in charge of execution and origination support for new deals, in close cooperation with the Origination teams (organized by sector). The selected candidate will report to the local head of the team in Madrid. Your future jobYou will assist senior team members with the preparation of client presentations and pitches and with the execution of new deals, thus allowing you to acquire project finance and infrastructure finance skills. You will also be involved in a variety of tasks allowing a general introduction to our business. Special focus on advanced Project finance modelling in excel.
You will have an opportunity to work on transactions across several sectors (mainly infrastructure, power and renewables), with a range of different financing structures. You will be involved in deals not only in Spain & Portugal but also in the rest of the EMEA region.
Execution of new deals
- Actively contribute to the preparation of credit proposals, information memoranda and certain due diligence aspects
- Develop or review / run financial models, prepare related deliverables and interact with the client on those aspects
- Participate in legal aspects notably those aspects of the term sheet and finance documentation related to the financial model
- Assist with internal rating, profitability analysis and KYC on-boarding process Support to the origination of new deals
- Contribute to the preparation of screening memos, commercial proposals/pitches and, as applicable, research papers Interface with Credit Portfolio ManagementContribute to the handover of new deals to the Credit Portfolio Management (CPM) team after closing
- Previous experience in investment banking, corporate banking, commercial banking or credit analysis
- Interest for infrastructure and power / renewables sectors, understanding the broader picture of the energy transition. Required skills:
- Strong academic background (master in finance, economy, engineering, law)
- Corporate finance fundamentals (including cash flow analysis)
- Fluency in English – fluency in French would be highly appreciated
- Proficiency with Excel – prior financial modelling and VBA experience is strongly recommended
- Team working spirit – working in flexible teams and multicultural environments
- Organisational skills – working under pressure with tight deadlines In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let’s build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita es.bebee.com.